To mark Serf’s Emancipation Day later this month (March 28), The Marxist-Leninist is posting a set of readings on the question of Tibet. These readings are intended to dispell a number of myths, distortions and outright lies about People’s Tibet (the Tibetan Autonomous Region), such as those spread by the imperialist-backed Dalai Lama and the counter-revolutionary “Free Tibet Movement”. This study guide is being added as a section of the M-L Study Guide.
The Marxist-Leninist recommends two outstanding books on the liberation of Tibet: When Serfs Stood up in Tibet by Anna Louise Strong (1959), and Lhasa, the Open City: A Journey to Tibet by Han Suyin (1977).
- The Agreement of the Central People’s Government and the Local Government of Tibet on Measures for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet (May 23, 1951)
- On the Policies for Our Work in Tibet – Directive of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China by Mao Zedong
- On the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet by Zhu De
- Tibet: From Serfdom to Socialism from China Reconstructs
- Friendly Feudalism: The Tibet Myth by Michael Parenti
- The True Story of Maoist Revolution in Tibet by Mike Ely
- “Democratic Imperialism”: Tibet, China, and the National Endowment for Democracy by Michael Barker
- Tibet’s March Towards Modernization by the Information Office of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China
- Fifty Years of Democratic Reform in Tibet by the Information Office of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China
- Serfs’ emancipation day celebrated in Tibet from Fight Back! News
- 50th Anniversary of the Liberation of Tibet from Lalkar
- Tibet Builds Socialism from Lalkar